For eating disorder treatment centers, having an efficient and accurate medical billing process is vital. You want to focus on providing high-quality clinical care to help your patients recover. This can involve treatment for both the physical and the psychological issues that typically accompany eating disorders. Accurate coding and thorough documentation are essential in ensuring that patients receive the care they need. At CodeMaxMB, we help eating disorder treatment centers with all of their medical billing needs.
Learn more about how we can help your center increase revenue and improve operational efficiency. Contact our team today at 818.600.4146 or reach out online to learn more.
Why Medical Billing for Eating Disorder Treatment Is Complicated
Eating disorders involve preoccupations with food and weight that often lead to restrictive behaviors around eating. For some individuals, eating disorders co-occur with mental health issues like anxiety or even substance use issues.
Medical billing for eating disorder treatment can be complicated due to needing insurance coverage for all of your patients’ needs. While legislation dictates that behavioral health issues need to be covered just like physical health issues, insurance companies often fight healthcare providers every step of the way. Just some of the ways insurance companies can make treating eating disorders difficult include:
- Contracting mental health coverage to a different company
- Fighting to substitute lesser treatment options
- Looking for loopholes or errors in order to deny coverage
- Trying to reduce treatment duration
Through individualized, evidence-based care, it’s possible for those who struggle with eating disorders to improve their mental and physical health. For your healthcare organization, the services of CodeMaxMB can help ensure that your patients get the quality care they need.
How We Help with Medical Billing for Eating Disorder Treatment Centers
As you create treatment plans for your patients, you shouldn’t have to worry about coverage being denied or being compensated for the work you do. Instead of dealing with insurance companies and complex medical coding and billing procedures internally, it’s possible to outsource your billing department and utilize the help of a team with decades of experience in helping healthcare providers like you.
Some of what CodeMaxMB can help with includes:
- Legal enforcement – Legal battles are too often involved in getting patients the quality care they need. We’ll stand up to the insurance companies on your behalf.
- Accurate coding – We’ll code services correctly every time so that claims are quickly approved and payments are maximized.
- An easy-to-use app – Our exclusive app allows healthcare providers to access all of the information they need from anywhere.
- Efficient VOBs – We can verify patients’ benefits quickly and accurately in order to get them into treatment sooner.
- Lower overhead – You can devote more resources to patient care.
- Increased revenues – We’ll find inefficiencies in your billing system as well as new billing opportunities. You could see your revenue grow up to 30%.
- Persistent collection strategies – We’ll deal with stubborn insurance companies to ensure you get paid for the services you provide.
In addition, consulting services are built into our service guarantee at no additional cost to healthcare providers.
Contact CodeMax Medical Billing Today
We offer medical coding and billing services for substance use disorder treatment centers, mental health treatment centers, physicians, surgery centers, and laboratories. We’ll fight insurance companies on your behalf through utilization review and our thorough claims management system.
Our team has decades of experience helping healthcare providers just like you navigate the financial side of the healthcare system. We want your company to be able to focus on providing high-quality clinical care. So leave the rest to CodeMaxMB.
To learn more about the medical billing services we offer for eating disorder treatment centers, contact CodeMaxMB today at 818.600.4146 or reach out to our team online.